Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Three fillings and no medication

Evalana was amazing at the dentist this morning. After her first visit to the dentist in September, we found out she had cavities, and one dentist wanted to use Valium or general anesthesia to fill them. Joshua and I didn't feel good about that option. Thankfully my friend Leah recommended the dentist we ended up with, and I think he did a wonderful job, without using unnecessary drugs. Evalana sat on Joshua's lap, with her head on the dentist's lap, and Joshua did a great job telling her all sorts of stories. Evalana laid completely still and didn't even flinch; she just did exactly what the dentist asked her to. I sat in the corner of the room because, with my lack of emotional control that comes with pregnancy, I was worried I might cry if Evalana got upset, or even if she did well. Joshua said at one point her gums bled a little, and one of the assistants, Miss Debbie, said that the dentist had to drill down to the tooth pulp, whatever that is. I guess those little front baby teeth are fairly complicated to fill, but it sounds like the dentist did an amazing job. It took about half an hour to completely fill her three top front teeth. They didn't use any pain medicine since the Novocaine can hurt on those front teeth. The dentist and assistants said things like Evalana's amazing, she's exceptional, only 1 in 500 kids do as well as she did, they haven't had a patient as good as her in years, she was a joy to work on, and we should have twelve children. I'm so very thankful we were able to take care of her teeth without any Valium and that she had such a great experience. Thank you so much for all the prayers for her little cavity fillings today. I know God gets all the credit for the wonderful dental experience.
The dentist even called this evening to check in and see how Evalana was doing. Here was Joshua's facebook comment. Maybe he'll write more about it later since he got a front-row seat to the whole thing while I was back in the corner of the room. "Joshua Vaughn No doubt, 100% positive Jesus was right there with us. Evalana sat on my lap and leaned back onto the dentist's lap where he could work. She had three cavities scraped, drilled, & filled with no medicine and never made one peep or flinch. Dr. And assistants were astounded. So was I. Thank you Jesus for being there with my brave little girl!"

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Leah referred you to this dentist. I can't believe Evalana did so well! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete