Nothing interesting about Evalana in this post, just the cake recipe.
For Evalana's birthday this year, we made pink lemonade cake using this Martha Stewart recipe. It turned out really yummy. I just wanted to write down the changes I made and would make next time.
For the cake, I followed the recipe except that I used regular lemons instead of meyer, and I reduced the milk to a half a cup and put in maybe 30 or 40 raspberries. I baked the cake in four round pans, although that made a pretty thin cake, so next time I'd just pour it into two round pans to make one two-layer cake.
I made the full four-cup recipe of lemon syrup, but I had a lot of extra, so probably just one cup.
For just one two-layer cake, half a recipe of lemon curd should be enough.
And for frosting I used this recipe for regular lemon buttercream icing. I made two batches for the two cakes, but one should be enough for one two-layer cake. And I used all butter instead of shortening, just because that's what we had. I think that's it.
No comments:
Post a Comment