Joshua's team's blog posts they sent today are up at http://global.westsidefamilychurch.com/. Joshua's email this afternoon said they had another busy day there. "We had our first day of teaching in the classes. Some felt that their session went very well, while others felt that their session went poorly and that they somehow failed the kids and failed God. I felt the former, but unfortunately mom felt the latter. Please be praying for her, she was very discouraged today and in tears because of the language barrier. I think her SA partner may only speak Afrikaans." He said their evening meeting was very encouraging, and hopefully the team will feel encouraged by God and ready to teach in their classrooms again tomorrow. He also said, "we have all been physically protected in these schools, around town, and on the roads. That is a huge blessing and answer to prayer."
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
day 11 - home preschool
This morning we had a playdate with some La Leche League friends, which was fun, although evalana didn't play a lot with the other kids. With the great sleep she's been getting at night, she's been taking pretty short naps, so I kind of miss my afternoon computer time breaks. But with her falling asleep at 8pm (almost always to the videos of Joshua reading her stories), I'll get some more Westside work in before I go to sleep again tonight.
This afternoon we started Evalana's preschool, and she had so much fun! These lesson plans that are already put together are wonderful for uncreative people like me. August is focusing on "God created all things," based on Genesis 1:1. The first two weeks she has a beach and ocean theme. Evalana loved school time and wanted to keep playing school. She loved pretending we were on the beach, and she especially loved the "This is the way we go to the beach" song we did (over and over and over). Here are some pictures from her art time.
This afternoon we played doctor since we're going to see Dr. Holly tomorrow for Evalana's two-year checkup.
And this evening we picked our tomatoes once again. I try to do it about every other day, and there are still so many more cherry tomatoes to come. We also have a lot of basil. A whole bunch of peppers. And lots of other stuff in there that I have no idea what it is, if it's a weed or some herb or what Joshua planted in there. Oh, and two little eggplants. As much as I dislike digging through those plants for the red tomatoes, they do taste really yummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment